Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Glad tidings


No I haven’t forgotten my blog-space.  Always been there in the back of my head.  So many stuff I wanted to share in this space.  I took on more than I could chew and had my fingers in many pies.   Oh, I should admit, Life has been interesting after all.

There have been great milestones I have crossed, ticked off items in my bucket list, done stuff I never thought I would ever ever do and I am on a roll.

I want to actually start off from November where I got into Theatre – yesssss.. you heard it right.  I participated in a Theatre workshop that was conducted by EVAM, (My friend TMK is part of this Theatre company and it suited my schedules).  The workshop itself was 2 days long and the batch had to work on  putting up a public show, and the participants had to do everything right from booking an auditorium, arranging light and sound, stage set up, marketing and PR, sales and of course act in the play.  We had audience who paid for our show, and we had a full house at Alliance Francaise theater hall at Chennai.  Our group called ourselves Theatre brats and our play was titled “ 7 Tales at 7”.   We as a group put up 7 short plays at 7 pm on 9th of December last year.  Woo- Woo!!!  Today when I look back it sounds like outlandish dream. Ahh that reminds me there were some more dream come true moments.

If my life was not already hectic, this whole thing just complicated it further.  With a full time job, managing a house, and a whole lot of commitments including  catechism classes at church and other volunteering activities I am into, going for play rehearsals every day, was a challenge.   Looking back, I guess I could manage it, and we had a magnificent  show day. 

I want to tell you all the little things I enjoyed during the workshop, the rehearsals and the show day.  One day I will. 

The babes, my girlfriends and I had a nice trip this year to the mesmerizing land of gods, Bali.  We all fell heavily for Bali, the temples, the Gods, the unsophisticated loving people, the serene village settings,  the vast blue oceans and even the ghastly looking  Ogoh-Ogoh’s.  I know you wont know what an Ogoh Ogoh is, but I promise to explain.

But before I tell you my unending stories, let me wish you all a happy new year and good tidings for the rest of the year. ( I must be the only crazy soul, who wishes people happy new year mid April  :-) )

2 comments:

  1. EVAm!! isnt that the karthikumar group? amerika maaplai from alaipayuthey and lot many movies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Gilsumy . Thank you for reading and commenting. I never thought i would have any readers left with my inconsistent blogging.

      Delete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)