Friday, December 09, 2016

Coffee Conversations


My blog friend Rekha who blogs at Soul Searching days  had done a blog marathon recently and she had done a post which is titled “ If I were having coffee with you…”

It looked like a nice idea to steal and here I go with her permission. :-) 
  • After all the mental turmoil and misunderstanding, my friend and I had a nice long chat.  We, okay I, started off very defensively, but we graciously accepted our mistakes and that in itself brought in a lot of sanity.  Most importantly we were willing to listen to each other. When something as precious as Trust breaks, it is difficult to put it all back together all over again  but I guess we both after a long after thought and a month of pain and agony,  took a first step in healing.  World looks much better now.
  • The advent season has started – this is the season to have fun and be Jolly.   Holidays are coming up and I will get to see family.
  • Due to the demise of our Chief Minister Dr.JJ, famously portrayed as Iron lady, our Marathon has been postponed. I was so eagerly waiting for it, this is a real dampener, but on the other side, we get more time to practice and improve our time.
  • That brings me to a change in perspective that I am noticing right now about our late Chief Minister.  The world( including me)  that painted her as someone who was Greedy, arrogant and narcissistic now writes a Hagiography in her memory.  Reverence for the Dead ?
  • There is something that I wanted to write, but somehow could not bring myself to put down in so much words.  J has moved to Cochin, on an assignment from his organisation for the next two years, the brunt of which I bear on my lone weak shoulders.  While it is challenging to live apart after all these years, it is a difficult way to realize the value the other person added in your life, which we probably had got used to, over a period of time.  Distance makes the heart go fonder. Yeah.
  • Usually the first Sunday of Advent is when we put up our Christmas tree, but since the head of the house, has to come in and join the ritual, I have postponed it to this weekend and hooray this week, when J comes over,  the tree will be up, wreaths will adorn the door and the stars will announce the season.  The hubby is not very interested in the ritual, but family traditions need to be sustained right?
  • While everyone is worried about the drought and the lack of rains, the pitter patter of the little rains that we have received so far does bring in a painful memory of the past and it does remind me of the last year's deluge when we had around 10 feet of water “INSIDE” our home.
  •  A friend of yore, and someone who had started off with me as a Fresher in the early 90’s, now settled in Trump land, is in town.  We have been in touch with each other all this while and we will all get to see him this weekend at home.  Isn’t that nice?
  • The “No shave November” is over.  So, I asked my Sonny boy, Would you please care to shave and look civilized? And his reply was this, Ma, this is “Don’t Care December".
SSo folks, whats news at your end?  Enjoying the festive / holiday season?

6 comments:

  1. rotfl..dont care december it is..stock up beard oil :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Yep. I got to find out first where you can order that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramesh10:30 PM

    Mmm. Delighted with your first bullet, which seemed to have caused you much anguish lately.

    Yeah, the countdown to Christmas is one that you can look forward to in December. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas well ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Ramesh. You are right. such a burden off my chest..

    Thank you for the christmas wishes. We are done with the christmas decorations at home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My God! how did I miss this.... Thanks for the mention Vincy ... I am so so happy for you that you and your friend are back together.. hugs to both of you.
    Yeah this is a topic worth stealing and I also stole it with permission from somewhere ha ha ...
    Take care and happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you and your family.. do keep us in your prayers..lots of love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never Rekha. We have got back yes, i thought it was just not possible anymore. :-)
      Yes the holiday spirit is in the air and not even Vardah, the cyclone could stop it. And hey very thoughtful of you to have checked with me on that. power outage continues, shaky networks but all is well. Chennai held it up well. as best as it coould.

      Delete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)