Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What does my name symbolise?

The best sound in the entire universe is the sound of one’s own name – Dunno who has said this, but I am sure it is so true. I am very well aware of the fact that my name is a combination of my Dad’s and mom’s name combined together. My Dad is Vincent and my Mom’s name is Rosy. While the short form of Vincent is Vincy, my name has different reasons of its origin as cited above. Vincy is such a common name in Kerala that every house would have a Vincy in their household, if not, atleast some funny variations such as Jincy, Bincy or Sincy. By the way Joe’s sister-in-law is Jincy and one of his niece’s name is Sincy. Bahhh…

I was wondering what my name symbolizes and did a google search and here is what I found about my name.

Vincy originates from the Roman name Vincentius, which was from Latin vincere "to conquer". This was the name of several saints. The postimpressionist painter Vincent van Gogh was a famous bearer of this name.

Although the name Vincy creates idealism and the urge to help others, it causes a blunt expression that alienates others.

* This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the nervous system, and tension or accidents to the head.

* Your name of Vincy has given you an idealistic nature with a desire to help others.

* Your initiative often causes you to be the first to act when you see a need.

* Since you are impressionable and receptive, you feel the misfortunes of others very keenly.

* However, this name makes it awkward for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings with finesse and diplomacy to the extent that your candid, sometimes blunt, manner of speaking creates misunderstandings with others.

* Being somewhat self-centred, you learn through your own experiences, as you rarely take advice from others.

* Yet, you are sensitive and very easily hurt and offended.

* You long for praise and appreciation for your efforts, but others find it difficult to understand you.

I do see a lot of similarities to what I am and what my name symbolizes. So is it my name that makes me what I am or vice versa.

But I know one thing for sure, I don’t think there is anyone in this world who has completely understood me :-) :-()  Am I proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)