Sunday, September 19, 2010

First of its kind in my life - Someone wrote a Poem for me !!!!

It was yet another Personal Effectiveness Programme.  With the content too familiar, and the timings quite hectic, I was prepared for yet another hectic session that week. This session is especially hectic as it is spans 30 hours in the week over a period of 5 days and covers Communication, Thinking skills,  Time management, Business Etiquette and finally Goal Setting.  Also involves a lot of interaction, activities on all days and one on one sessions with most partipants.

Like in all sessions, when the session begins, the energy flows in automatically when I interact with the participants and that was a week of interesting effort.
This batch was no extra ordinary, a typical software crowd, but most of them  had the willingness to learn and interact and refine themselves. End of the week, the participants were happy, they liked the session and I was also content that I delivered a good session. The last day when we were winding up, one of the participants came and told me that he has written a Poem for the way I had handled the session.

And he went on to read his poem.  I was touched, happy and had one of those "emotional moments".   But you see, I was a facilitator and I guess I pulled it off pretty well.  

Here is the poem...


I am sure Haja Mohammed does not know, no one has written a poem exclusively for me.. till date !!!

For those who do not understand Tamil, ( in which the poem is written), he has described the five modules that i had handled poetically ( in chaste Tamil) and finally has said, " You will succeed definitely, since the facilitator is Vincy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)